Golden Seeds are items in Elden Ring that increase the number of charges in the Sacred Flask. They are used at sites of grace and help immensely in the early game. This guide will show the Golden Seeds’ location and how to get to them.
Golden Seeds can be easily spotted near Erdtree saplings. To enhance the flask simply rest at a site of grace and spend Golden Seeds to increase the charges of either the Crimson Flask or Cerulean Tears.
“When the Elden Ring was shattered, these seeds flew from the Erdtree, scattering across the various lands, as if life itself knew that its end has come.“
Golden Seed Description
- Stranded Graveyard: Use Stonesword Keys to unlock the Fringefolk Hero Grave right after the tutorial area. Defeat the Ulcerated Tree Spirit boss at the end to claim a Golden Seed.
- Gatefront: The first Golden Seed in the world is West of the Gatefront site of grace. Follow the road until the Erdtree Sapling on the side of the road is in sight.
- Fort Haight West: From this site of grace head south up the main path to the castle and the Erdtree Sapling is there.
- Secluded Cell: Head south past the giant and the Golden Seed is along the left wall.
- Liftside Chamber: The room this site of grace is in has a door that is locked. There is a secret area below Stormveil Castle. There is an Ulcerated Tree Spirit down there that, when killed, drops a Golden Seed.
- Castle Morne Rampart: Start at this site of grace and head west until there is a hole in the wall. Head through that and drop down — the Erdtree Sapling will be dead ahead.
- Academy Gate Town: Head north until you reach the roof of the sunken building. Head west in between the buildings and it is a straight shot to the Golden Seed from there.
- Main Academy Gate: Head north but instead of using the seal to teleport, walk through it, and at the end of the bridge is a Golden Seed.
Academy of Raya Lucaria
- Debate Parlor: Progress through the Academy until The Red Wolf of Radagon boss fight. After winning, head north out to the courtyard and hug the left (west) wall. Go under the overpass and guarded by some enemies there will be a Golden Seed.
- Caria Manor: In the northwest lies Caria Manor. After fighting through the handsy courtyard, find the Manor Lower Level site of grace. Go deeper into the manor from there (the hand enemies are weak to fire and will roll around if hit with any). Look for an elevator going up after the walkways with the spectral knights. Go up the elevator to find the Manor Upper Level site of grace. There is a Golden Seed right outside that door.
- Southern Aonia Swamp Bank: Head south onto the road and head west until there is a white path off to the left side. Follow that south until you see the Erdtree Sapling.
- Sellia Backstreets: This site of grace is accessible after lighting two of the towers in Sellia, Town of Sorcery. There is an Erdtree Sapling right before the gate all the way in the back of the town, up some stairs. This seed does not require the puzzle to be completed to retrieve, but doing so starts Millicent’s quest.
- Wailing Dunes: After defeating Starscourge Radan head to the northernmost point from the Wailing Dunes site of grace. Defeat the Putrid Tree Spirit boss in the War-dead Catacombs dungeon to receive a Golden Seed
- Bestial Sanctum: The fastest way to get this Golden Seed is to kill the Mariner boss in the Summonwater Village. Talking to D after doing that will put a marker on the map that leads to a way to teleport to the Bestial Sanctum in Caelid. From the Bestial Sanctum simply head south past the gatekeeper and the Erdtree Sapling will be on the side of the road.
Soifra River Well
- Below the well: South of this site of grace is a path leading to Nokron’s walls. Follow the path to find an Erdtree Sapling.
- Nokstella, the Eternal City: This area is after Nokron and can only be accessed after Starscourge Radan is defeated. Here is a guide on how to find Nokron. There is a church at the top of this area containing the Moon of Nokstella. Just explore and keep heading upward. Near this church, there will be an elevator down. There will be an Erdtree Sapling dead ahead.
Lake Of Rot
- Grand Cloister: From this site of grace head down and go to the back east little alley. Some shaking will precede an Ulcerated Tree Spirit appearing. Kill if for a Golden Seed.
- Altus Highway Junction: Follow the road and there is a Golden Seed not too far away on the left side.
- Bower of Bounty: Head northeast from the site of grace through the clearing. Look to the east until there is an Erdtree Sapling and watch out for the enemies as they release a cursed fog.
- Windmill Village: Head west out of the village and follow the road to the southeast. There will be some rocks being fired from catapults so watch out for incoming fire. The Golden Seed will be on the right side of the road
- Outerwall Phantom Tree: There are five Golden Seeds around this site of grace. There is two right next to it, as well as two more up the stairs by the Finger Reading Crone. Additionally, head south from Outerwall Phantom Tree site of grace to a soldier encampment and kill the Ulcerated Tree Spirit that falls from the sky to claim another Golden Seed.
- Avenue Balcony: Head down the stairs and jump off the right side onto the ashy flatlands. An Ulcerated Tree Spirit will appear and reward its murderer with a Golden Seed.
- West Capital Rampart: After climbing the dragon near the Avenue Balcony site of grace there will be a ladder up the wall further. From the West Capital Rampart site of grace, there will be a Golden Seed nearby to the south.
- Erdtree-Gazing Hill: After going up the Lift of Dectus, head straight north until Lux Ruins. Behind the ruins is a site of grace and a Golden Seed right next to it.
- Seethewater River: To get to this site of grace, start at the Erdtree-Gazing Hill and head north up the hill. There is a Mariner boss fight, beyond that west through the ruins is the site of grace. From Seethewater head north along the canyon until the Erdtree Sapling to claim its Golden Seed.
- Fallingstar Beast: From the Ninth Gelmir Campsite site of grace jump up and either defeat or run past the Fallingstar Beast. From there go west and the Golden Seed will be at the edge.
Mountaintops Of The Giants
- Forbidden Lands: Before the Grand Lift of Rold there is a Golden Seed along the main path. From the site of grace follow the main trail east. The seed is before the Black Blade Kindred boss fight.
- Giants Mountaintop Catacomb: The boss of this dungeon is an Ulcerated Tree Spirit and drops a Golden Seed when killed. To find it start at the Zamor Ruins site of grace and head southeast through the ruins. Continue following the path that wraps around the mountain heading east hugging the left wall. Stay on the left wall until it breaks off and head northeast. There should be some enemies with fire attacks and a giant land bridge. Just go towards the enemies and hug the right wall — the entrance will be ahead.
- Freezing Lake: Go south from this site of grace. This Golden Seed is being guarded by a giant and is right behind it.
- Foot of the Forge: There is a Golden Seed northeast up the hill from the Foot of the Forge site of grace. It is guarded by two giants throwing giant magic urns. Proceed with caution as they leave a damaging fire puddle on the ground.
- Ordina, Liturgical Town: To get this seed it is required to have the Haligtree secret medallion. Its two halves can be found at the Village of the Albinaurics in Liurnia, and Castle Sol in the Mountaintops of the Giants. Hoist the secret medallion at the Grand Lift of Rold to begin that adventure (and be to be able to access the secret Haligtree area). From the Ordina, Liturgical Town site of grace ahead, head west and the Erdtree Sapling will be in sight just beyond the ledge.
- Dragon Temple Lift: Head south from the site of grace past the fountain. The Erdtree Sapling is up the stairs. Enemies come up from the ground around it so watch out for the gank as it is very easy to be swarmed in this area.
- Dragon Temple Rooftop: From the site of grace continue down the path. Past the hawks and to the east is a temple containing an Erdtree Sapling and the last Golden Seed.
There are more Golden Seeds in the game than is required to fully upgrade the Flask, so do not feel pressed to find them all.